Middle East’s Leading Logistics Company embraces ebizframe ERP
The client, founded in 1992, is a leading Logistics Services Provider across the Middle East with full-fledged operations and terminals equipped with modern loading and storage facilities at Dubai, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Abu Dhabi, Muscat and Doha. The client has 1500+ satisfied customers in the region.
The company has acquired deep knowledge and expertise in handling Cargo Movement, Customs Clearance & Forwarding and related activities. It has extensive infrastructure facilities including modern office automation and communication systems, conveyance facilities, material handling equipment and a fleet of 80+ vehicles. This fleet includes light and heavy duty trucks that handle the collection, movement and delivery of over 500 metric tons of cargo over a distance of 20,000 km daily.
Appreciating the exciting growth prospects in the Logistics Industry in the Middle East, the client has also invested in a 10,000 sq. mt. full-fledged Warehousing Facility in the Jebel Ali Free Zone.
PRE-ERP SCENARIO & CHALLENGES FACED
Before the implementation of an ERP Solution the client was facing several challenges which were adversely impacting its operations and curtailing the prospects for future business growth. Some of these challenges were:
- The client was using an application which could not handle multi-branch transactions.
- Though the operations of the client were carried out in multiple countries the existing system didn’t support multi-currency transactions.
- Whenever the data grew the performance of the application deteriorated drastically until and unless the data was removed from the server. Due to this, the historical analysis of transactional data was almost never possible.
- The client’s Organizational and Accounting Structure was a decentralized one. E.g. When a branch booked a consignment the other branches were completely unaware about it. The other branch became aware of the consignment only when the consignment actually landed at that branch. Thus, it was more of a post facto analysis.
- The client was neither able to effectively control his business spread over multiple locations nor enforce the controls and processes laid down by the Board of Directors.
To overcome these challenges and to plan for future growth the client decided to acquire a commercial off-the-shelf ERP Solution that could be configured to provide the full range of business functionality required by it. The Management wished to use proven state-of-the-art technology that would provide the ability to plan, control and account for all of its activities and resources. The company evaluated several ERPs and finally chose ebizframe ERP from Eastern Software Systems Pvt. Ltd. ebizframe ERP was preferred because of its state-of-the-art technology, good track record, low entry and implementation cost, a clear implementation methodology and a transparent costing system.
ebizframe ERP IMPLEMENTATION & BENEFITS DERIVED
The client ordered for the following modules of ebizframe ERP: Sales, Purchase, Inventory, Finance, HR & Payroll and Fixed Assets. The implementation in all the branches was completed in 6 months and ebizframe ERP was adopted with some customization and re-engineering of their business processes which were necessary as the organization moved from a single branch to a multi branch and multi currency controlled operations environment. With the implementation of ebizframe ERP, the client is enjoying the following benefits:
- The client has been able to achieve better monitoring of vehicle movements.
- ebizframe ERP Implementation has resulted in lower turn around time of consignment collection and delivery.
- The client is able to provide better services to its customers because the entire data of each transaction, from the beginning to the end, is available online.
- The versatile Finance Module of ebizframe ERP with powerful features like consolidation, multi-currency options gives the client a better control and flexibility over Financial Reporting.
- Many MIS Reports are now available on the click of a button thereby ensuring better monitoring of business operations.